Tuesday, December 1, 2020

It's Beginning to Look A Little Like Christmas!

The rule at our house is that Christmas decorating must wait until after Thanksgiving. Usually I get started by the first of December. Over this past weekend I gathered and packed up the Autumn decor, and got it put away. With 3½ month-old kittens in the house (two of them, argh), I opted to start the decorating outside this year. I'm anticipating they're going to make a mess of the indoor decor...

The grandkids arrived after school, had a quick snack, and we headed outside. Well, the kids headed out first, excited about putting up lights. Greg had left the ladder in the front yard for us, so the boys got it set up. Good thing Jess got out there when she did. Silas was just getting ready to climb the ladder. Oops.


We got the ladder moved to a more secure location, and Jess got the lights started, then B took a turn. He was so excited to get up there, then so nervous while he was, but he did a great job. Unfortunately we ran into a problem with the lights, so only one strand is hung. We'll work on it more tomorrow. 

Silas was in charge of opening the lights and getting them ready to hang. 

Layla was our photographer, then our model. She and Grampy are enamored with Baby Yoda, and he brought this home several weeks ago. Little Miss was so excited to finally get him blown up. Grampy has promised me that will be the only blow-up decoration. For now. 

So, this is our meager beginning for adding holiday cheer to our home. I hope to get it done by the end of the weekend at the latest.  
My friend Rhonda at If You Do Stuff is posting "Blogidays" during December and she inspired me to try to get at least a quick post up each day this month. I'll have to try to take photos of something other than kittens and grandkids, though. Happy December!


4 comments:

  1. How did all our grands get so big so fast?
    I hope you did post more in December. I always like seeing what your doing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda! I'm looking forward to your daily posts, too.
      These kids just keep on growing even though I tell them to stop it. Lol.

      Delete
  2. Isn't it great to have grand kids? Hope to see more of your posts. IF you are a friend of Rhonda's you are a friend of mine, I just love her. She is such an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, grandkids are the best!
      I've "known" Rhonda online for over 20 years and feel she's a real friend. Thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to comment!

      Delete

Thanks for sharing!