Saturday, May 2, 2015

This Week in Photos (again)

I don’t feel like I accomplished much this past week beyond making the bed every day and keeping up with dishes. I did do a massive amount of laundry mid-week. The boys were out of underwear, so…

Last Sunday was a gorgeous day and I spent part of the afternoon working on the east side of the garage. Years ago I made a small flower bed there, but it’s been sadly neglected. The mulberry tree was cut down last fall, so now I can get in there and put in some new color with flowers. The bleeding heart at the far end is just lovely, and there is lily of the valley all over in there. Also, lots of little trees that are the bane of my existence.  Anyway, this bed is where I’ll be using empty wine bottles. You’ll just have to stay tuned for that!

DSCN0245

The boys just cannot keep away from their baby sister, and she loves the attention. Well, most of the time. Silas asked me to snap a pic while he snuggled Layla.

DSCN0267

On Monday evening I went outside to grab the stroller and bring it in, and this is what I found on the front porch. I think my heart is going to explode, these boys fill it up so full. Yes, they duct-taped dandelions to the house. They know Grammy likes flowers by the front door.

DSCN0274   DSCN0272

Bradley and Layla are checking out the baby TV channel together. Yes, for a few minutes each morning, she gets to watch TV. Grammy has things to do.

DSCN0276 (2)

Whenever the boys are here for supper on Tuesdays, we have Mexican food and call it “Taco Tuesday” (thank you, Lego Movie). I asked Silas what we should have this week and he asked for “regleear” (regular) tacos, salad, worms, and butterflies. I did not bat an eye, and he got what he asked for. For the worms, we made “zoodles” using a zucchini and a little gadget I have that looks like a vegetable peeler, but makes long shreds instead. I did a quick sauté with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and we had our worms. (I made everyone take some. Grampy buried his one zoodle in the bottom of his taco.) For the butterflies, we took some sugar cookie dough from the freezer and Silas made butterfly-shaped cookies for dessert.

DSCN0290  DSCN0291

The weather was perfect all week long, and Jess took the kids to the park each afternoon when she got home from work. Miss Layla has graduated from being strapped in her car sea on the stroller, to sitting in the seat. She loves walking to the park now that she can see all the cool stuff around her!

DSCN0297 (2)

When I could, I worked on this project. I spent most of Wednesday afternoon cutting out all the little pieces, and now have begun to sew. More on that project as it nears completion. That is my mom’s sewing machine, so I’ve had it 18 years. I have no idea how old it was when I got it, but suffice to say, it has lived a good long life and is about to be retired.

DSCN0238             DSCN0304

So there you go - a small slice of life here on the prairie. Complete with duct taped flowers and worms for supper.

 

signature_thumb[2]

5 comments:

  1. The flowers duct taped by the front door...O.M.Goodness, my heart would burst, too! Wish I lived close by. I'd take some Lily of the Valley off your hands :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers got to me, for sure.
      I wish we lived closer to each other as well, and I'd be happy to share my lily of the valley. :)

      Delete
  2. that is so sweet of them to do that! makes me smile! And that baby - oh my is she adorable!

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand kids are adorable and your flowers are great. I used old beer bottles ( not ours) we found behind our barn to edge my flower beds.

    Hugs from Oklahoma,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!