Tuesday, September 3, 2024

The Beginning of FALL

Happy September, my friends! 
For meteorologists, seasons are defined by the months with temperatures and weather often associated with each.
Spring: March, April, May
Summer: June, July, August
Fall: September, October, November
Winter: December, January, February
Sunday began a celebration of autumn, my favorite season. I've been mindful of finding things to appreciate about each season this year, but there's no effort to find the good things in fall. Cooler temperatures and way less humidity outside so it's pleasant to be in the yard all day instead of just dark-thirty a.m., foliage colors, singing crickets and cicadas, and migrating birds. Evenings out at the fire pit are pleasant, and we can snuggle in a soft warm throw if it's chilly. (Greg always wants to have a fire at night in the summer and I just cannot sit in the heat and bask in more heat. Ugh. The occasional s'mores night with the grandkids is all I can do.)
My decorating is very neutral in the summer, helping to keep a feeling of light and cool inside. Fall gets pretty pops of brightness with warm tones. A few nights ago my granddaughter helped dig out the fall decor tote. Yes, just one tote. Fall used to be my most decorated season, but in trying to embrace some minimalism, the fall decor has been deeply culled the past few years. I am, of course, enjoying all the autumn decor on IG, taking inspiration for how to use what I already have. Nothing new this year except a couple of stems purchased a few weeks ago.

Here is my inspiration, via Instagram:


This is what I ended up with:

This faux arrangement used a large (new) pick that I cut apart, and some very pretty sunflowers that have been around for a few years.

Miss L was loving playing with what was in the tote, especially the florals. She deposited this vase in the bathroom for a special touch. I've had these ceramic sunflower picks since before she was born, as well as the cutie pie scarecrow. They usually are stuck into a plant, but she preferred them in a vase this year. 






 


 



That's it so far. This week I'll go through the house little by little and put out some old favorites, and I hope it's okay if I share. I'd love to see how everyone else decorates for the season as well. I love the maximalist looks and the minimalist touches. I just love fall!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!