Saturday, August 15, 2020

Hello Again



Hi there! Remember me? 

It's been awhile since I chatted here. So much has happened in the past year and a half, yet it's just been regular life. Home, job, family all kept me hopping. I won't recap everything, but if you're interested, I tend to post the most on Instagram

The grandkids are growing like weeds. They're all in school now, so a new season has begun for the family. I've been their daycare provider for the past five months, and while they weren't here all day every day in recent weeks, they were here much of the time after school was cancelled. I was happy to have them here, but there weren't any "Corona/Covid projects" going on. It was basically learning to live a new normal, like everyone else. We got through homeschooling, such as it was. We played games, did art projects, did lots of video-chats with extended family, and probably watched a bit too much Flash and Arrow. 

Having them all in school is as much a change for me as it is their mother. Good Lord willing (and I say that as a prayer, not just an offhand phrase) school will be a constant and healthy place for them. If so, I'll have a lot of time on my hands. If not, I'll be a homeschool helper for Jess and together we'll get those kiddoes educated, and this time we'll be prepared. 

When I thought about resurrecting my little corner of the internet, it was to use this blog as a tool to help transition into this next life season I talked about. I think "each day as it comes" has to be my mindset, and while I am planning some projects for the next several weeks, it's always keeping in mind that things could change at any time and it's a good thing to be flexible.

House projects, yard and garden work, developing, writing, and teaching new  online classes for community ed, lots of crafting, and other fun new adventures are all in the works. I'd love the company if you'd like to come along as I putter and paint and rearrange this little corner of the prairie. 


2 comments:

  1. So good to see you back! We are all just making our way the best we can.projects keep me sane! Love to go along with yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing!