Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days to Happily Ever After – Day 15 – Read the Signs

Words have always been an important component of our lives – we love to talk, we love to read, we quote movies and song lyrics in normal conversation. Knowing that, it was no surprise when Jess decided she wants a few signs around the wedding reception hall. She amassed quite a list, and we’ve honed that down to just a few, but they’re fun ones. I don’t have the big ones ready to show you yet, but these two are for the apple cider bar and the candy bar:

DSCN3091

The “Love me tender…” sign is for the candy table, and I love that she chose lyrics from a song by Elvis Presley. My mom loved Elvis, so this is kind of a nod to her.

The other one has lyrics from a song by Scott’s favorite band, Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers. It will sit on the table where we put the apple cider bar, near the cinnamon sticks and red hots.  There are a few touches in this wedding that recognize his being a fan of this band. He doesn’t know about most of them, they’re Jess’s surprise for him.

These signs were made using “art” I picked up at Goodwill for a dollar or two. The “love me tender” is done in vinyl, cut with my Cricut, and stuck to the glass, then I covered the backing in burlap.  The “spice” sign was printed on brown Kraft paper, then we added a strip of burlap and one of brown satin ribbon. It added the perfect texture even though it’s all under glass. I’d intended to paint the frames, but Jess wanted them left the way they are. So now I will spray paint the wire frame holders. Those came from Dollar Tree.

I think these little guys add a fun and personal touch that will be somewhat unexpected, and the one sign will probably puzzle a few. Oh well. It’ll be interesting to hear what they think it means…

 

The Nester’s 31 Day Series

 

signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!