Just after Jess and Scott were engaged, I happened into an old friend whose daughter had married in the Fall a couple of years ago. They had a couple of large boxes of silk flowers just perfect for us. We didn’t use all of them, but the bridesmaid’s bouquets were already assembled, and they were almost perfect.
We tweaked them a bit, and added what I call “bouquet holders”, which is a plastic piece that is much like a handle. Rather than pay $6 each for the official floral bouquet holders, we spent $7 on a piece of PVC pipe and I cut the holders to the length we wanted. (Yes, I used the chop saw all by myself. I’m afraid of motorized blades, so this was quite a feat for me…)
We wrapped each holder in burlap – I know, that’s a surprise.
A little hot glue and enough length to roll it completely a couple of times did the trick.
They still needed a little “something”, so I tied on some brown silk ribbon in a corset pattern.
Then Jess asked for a monogram for each of the bridesmaids, so they would be able to tell which bouquet was theirs. I hadn’t soldered anything in a long time, but we put together these little glass “tags” with the girls’ initials on them. The letters are printed on the pearlized paper we used for the invitations. You can’t really tell in the photo, but the shimmer shows through.
The final touch was a little heart charm, then it was tied on with twine.
One of the bridesmaids was here when I put this together, and she really liked it. She’s been working on those twine-wrapped balls you see in the background of the photo. I’ll tell you more about those another day.